Let’s continue the work of Digital Citizenship Week throughout the school year! Become a “Digital Citizenship Certified Educator”!
Becoming a Common Sense Media Digital Citizenship Certified Educator shows that you have a focus in incorporating digital citizenship skills into your curriculum. The steps taken to show that you are certified are simple, and Common Sense Media makes it easy to do. The best part is that it is FREE, and just takes some time and willingness to provide some information as part of the application. On the website, CSM outlines the following steps that you will need to do:
- Watch the online curriculum training.
- Using Common Sense digital citizenship resources, at a minimum, you can either:
- In one class, teach three hours, 45 minutes of digital citizenship instruction, OR
- In two classes, teach two hours, 15 minutes of digital citizenship instruction.
- Engage and educate parents in three distinct ways.
- Save at least three pieces of documentation to submit with your Digital Citizenship Certified Educator application.
I am happy to help individual or groups of teachers to go through the application process. Please let me know if you are interested. Teachers at any school or grade level can do this.