I hope you all had an enjoyable long weekend. We took the kids to Freeport, ME with Grandma, Grandpa, Nonnie, Auntie and Cousin. It was nice to get away, enjoy the foliage, hit LL Bean and relax.
Here are a few items for your consideration from the world of technology:
- Distribution – As of the end of the day yesterday, all school owned iPads will have been distributed to students in grades 5-12. I would like to give a shout out to Joe Leacu, Lisa Appell, Felipe Angel, and our newest staff additions Dave Taube-Perotta and Jen Lee. Their work in setting up countless Apple IDs, iPads, and getting them out to kids is much appreciated.
- PD Workshops – I posted information about upcoming workshops either before or after school. Please visit the post for more information.
- Apps – The number one issue that students visit the help desk for is to download an app from the App Store. Please remember that students using school owned iPads do not have access to the App Store. Any apps that they need are downloaded via the Catalog. If you have an app that students need and it is NOT in the Catalog, please let me know and I can add it.
- Help Desk – The help desks at Miscoe and Nipmuc are up and running. Please visit the help page on the 1:1 Learning website for more information.
- 1:1 Learning Summit – On Friday, November 20 and Saturday, November 21 we will host our first annual “Blackstone Valley 1:1 Summit“. On Friday, we are inviting schools from throughout the region to visit Nipmuc for a presentation on 1:1 Learning in the MURSD, guest speakers to discuss social media topics and Apple in Education, as well as a panel discussion, and tours of the school to see 1:1 Learning in action. On Saturday we will host edcamp Blackstone Valley. Please visit the Summit website for more information and to register. If you are willing to help with organization and logistics, please let me know.
- Mondays/Wednesdays – NIPMUC
- Tuesdays/Thursdays – MISCOE
- Fridays – by appointment
I hold office hours every Monday at Nipmuc from 2-3 PM and Tuesday at Miscoe from 2:45-3:45 PM in case any staff members need any general help with workflows, apps, goal setting, etc. Please also feel free to email me with any questions or concerns as well.