Guest post by Memorial Tech Teacher Kati Dunton
Some of you have asked me how to create an e-mail distribution list. This will make it easier to e-mail a group of people (parents) consistently without having to type their e-mail address each time. It’s a time saver & allows you to contact all parents quickly if you need to. I am including two sets of directions since it is different if you log in through the web than if you access e-mail through the Outlook application on your desktop.
As always, if you need help please let me know!
To create a New Contact Group when logging in through the web, follow these directions
- Click on the blue square with 9 small white squares on it in the top left part of the screen
- Choose “People” from the options.
- Click on “+ new”
- Choose “great group”
- Make a name for your group
- Add members email addresses (You may have to add your parents as contacts first)
To create a New Contact Group when accessing e-mail through the Outlook application, follow these directions
- After opening Outlook, click on contacts (bottom left)
- Click on “New Contact Group”
- Name your group (you might want to add the school year to avoid confusion). Then Click “Add Members”.
- Choose New E-Mail contact and a pop-up window will appear. Put the parents name and e-mail in the appropriate boxes. Click OK.
- Continue “Adding Members” until you have included everyone you want to.
- Click Save and Close