I have received a number of questions about the possibility of paying the balance of an iPad received through Option 1 of our iPad Initiative; the “Rent-to-Own” option. Yes, this is a possibility. The total payments over the course of the three years for the iPad through Option 1 is $618. This total cost represents an approximately 18% savings off the regular retail price of the products purchased separately from a retailer. The breakdown is:
- iPad (4th Generation) 16 GB – $499
- AppleCare Plus – $99
- Ballistic Tough Jacket Case – $69
- Apps & Management – $40
- Tax – $45
TOTAL Retail Cost (including tax): $752 (the $618 total payment is approximately 18% off the normal retail price)
- AppleCare Plus is valid for 2 years from the purchase date of the iPad (regardless of the iPad being paid in full or over the course of three years).
- Students are able to install whichever apps he/she and you as the parent decide are okay. Essentially a fully paid off iPad will be treated as an “Option 2 – Bring your own iPad”.
- There will be no additional fees charged by the district for the iPad once purchased outright from the district (except in the case of screen damage, loss, or theft).