The wait is over… Students are now allowed to update their iPads to iOS 7.0.2. There have been some bugs reported, so please keep the following in mind when updating your iPad:
NOTE: Do NOT update your iPads while at school. Please wait to do the update until you are at home.
ANOTHER NOTE: Students who are only using their iPads at school: Mr. Amitrano will come around over the course of the next week and update the iPads to iOS 7.0.2 and update your apps as well.
- Backup to iCloud – There are instructions for backing up your iPad to iCloud found here. Please watch the video and read through the instructions.
- Charge your iPad – You need at least 50% charge or be plugged into a power source to run the update.
- Free up some space – You need at least 3.5 GB of space free on your iPad. The biggest space eater on your iPad are pictures and videos. You may want to save some photos and videos to your Google Drive and then delete them from your Camera Roll to make some extra space.
Follow these instructions to update your iPad
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap on “General” on the left.
- Tap on “Software Update” on the right.
- Tap on “Download and Install” to update your iPad. The process takes several minutes to over an hour depending on your internet connection and other variables. Please be patient and let the iPad do the update on its own.
If you run into any problems, or seem to have issues after you update, please make an appointment to visit the help desk. The help desk is open Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9-11 AM.