First of all, I want to say how great it was to meet with so many students and families over the past three weeks. The iPad workshops were great opportunities to talk about the initiative, answer questions and distribute many iPads. With this being the first time anything like this had been done in Mendon-Upton, I am pleased at the overwhelmingly positive response to the workshops and the initiative in general.
With the start of the year upon us, there are a few things I’d like to make you aware of:
- Because of the many variables that came up throughout the sessions, the students are at varying levels of “readiness” to start the year. I appreciate your patience as I help guide the students through what remains in their initial iPad setup. There will be many opportunities for your student to get help, including:
- The iPad website. (www.mursdipad.info) There are many video tutorials online, and many to come. Please continue to check the site for news updates and information.
- The iPad Help Desk. Starting September 3, I will available for two hours each day to address individual student issues at the help desk in the Library. Your student will be able to make an appointment to meet with me through their home room teacher. More details will be explained to your student when school starts.
- Project Blocks. During students’ project blocks, I will be floating around the classrooms to address many widespread issues or general problems/questions.
- I ask you for your patience throughout these initial several weeks and throughout this school year. As I mentioned before, this is the first of this kind of initiative in Mendon-Upton, and although we are prepared in many aspects, there are bound to be some bumps in the road. I will work with the teachers and students to address anything that comes up.
- I will be working to schedule our first “Tech Night” which wil be held in October. Internet Safety, cyber bullying, and other important issues will be discussed. I will work to arrange a visit from the District Attorney’s office to discuss these issues as well. Please look for future announcements for dates, times, and more details.
As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns. I am looking forward to a great year!
Anthony Amitrano, Assistant Principal
Miscoe Hill School
iPad Update – 8/26/13