I hope your summer is going well so far. As you are aware, Miscoe Hill School is moving forward with the 1:1 iPad Initiative for students in grades 6-8 for September, and students in grade 5 for January. The information about this initiative can be found at http://www.mursdipad.info/. This site will be updated on a regular basis throughout the summer. Some important recent updates include:
- Updated FAQ’s
- The posting of the presentation from the June 19, 2013 parent meeting with Dr. Maruszczak, Mrs. Meyer, and Rob Cohen, our Apple representative.
- A “Forms & Docs” link at the top of the page which contains important documents relating to this program.
- A “SignUpGenius.com” link to sign up for your time to come pick up your iPad.
iPads will be distributed during the weeks of August 12th and 19th between the hours of 8:30 AM and 2:45 PM. ALL students in grades 6-8, regardless of the option they are selecting, should sign up for a workshop. 5th grade workshops will be held in January, 2014. If you are unable to attend any of the workshops during the designated weeks, please contact Mr. Amitrano directly.
- Each 45-minute time slot can accommodate up to 10 students and their parents. Families with multiple students attending Miscoe should select the same time slot for each child. Make your selection based on the amount of children you have in grades 6-8 as of September (for example, if you have two students, even though three of you will be attending the session, you should select “2”).
- Please bring the completed Personal Technology Take-Home Enrollment form, found under “Forms & Docs” on the iPad Initiative website.
- Please also bring your first payment in check made payable to MURSD (for $96 if enrolling in Option 1, $40 if enrolling in Option 2, or $0 if enrolling in Option 3.) For questions regarding which option to choose please see this document for detailed information.
- Please review the district Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and the iPad Procedures and Information documents under “Forms & Docs” on the iPad initiative website. The “Student User Agreement and Parent Permission Form” found at the back of the AUP and the “iPad Pledge” found at the back of the iPad Procedures and Information document, should be filled out and returned at the workshop.
Prior to the day of your workshop, if you have any questions, please contact Mr. Anthony Amitrano, Assistant Principal of Miscoe Hill via email or by calling the school at (508) 634-1590.